Luisa Via Roma - www.luisaviaroma.com - is a leading global luxury goods e-commerce with more than 20 years of presence in the web world.
Our catalog shows more than 600 brands, including all world’s fashion and luxury top brands.
We serve more than 1 million users with a global traffic spanning 200+ countries and we’re growing on double digits rate every year.
Each person at LuisaViaRoma plays an important role in the company’s success. Teams of highly professional and motivated workers create a healthy and engaging environment. Each department works closely with others to create a free-flow of ideas to work together and move forward as a team and push the company forward. Our team includes over 250 people from up to 15 different countries.
Innovation and Future-forward
LuisaViaRoma is constantly looking to the future and how to adapt to it seamlessly.
Our development in the field of e-commerce was one of the first in Italy and our knowledge and involvement in technology helps us in staying ahead and ready for what’s next. Aside from our e-commerce website we’ve also created our LVR app which makes shopping fun, easy, and ultra-accessible.
We pursue the best customer experience continuously improving performance, security, resilience and scalability alongside features of our platforms. We have a dedicated section to offering a curated selection of the best sustainable brands and special collaborations with renowned non-profits, organizations, and brands to benefit social and environmental causes.
LVRSustainable aims to build a global sustainable community and to promote creativity by supporting conscious fashion.
Luisa Via Roma is looking for a Product Applications Manager to join our team.
Our Technology Department develops, integrates and maintains a wide range of software systems and client-facing Products Applications are key for our e-commerce strategies.
In this role you'll manage and guide our Product Applications Technology teams which are strongly focused on the commercial/marketing challenges.
What we look for:
you're in love with technology, you go the extra mile, eager for brilliant solutions, relentlessly hunting for issues to solve.
you embrace change and diverse technologies, always learning and keeping up-to-date. You value other people’s points of view and you love to debate ideas, brainstorm, collaborate and evangelize.
you lead the team, mentoring and motivating your team members.
you are able to establish and maintain long-lasting quality relationships with senior and mid-level leaders, as well as with technicians at any level.
Proficiency in English and Italian:
you read, write, and speak proficiently in English and Italian languages.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate very closely with the Product Department to create, execute and deliver the product roadmaps.
- Cooperate with other IT leaders in a joint effort.
- Supervise each Tech Product team's software development strategy towards a shared, comprehensive vision.
- Coordinate teams' development priorities in order to achieve the best results while respecting timing, budget and technology constraints
- Discover and support new technology initiatives with commercial/marketing and operations to grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products with existing and upcoming technologies.
- With business stakeholders evaluate and estimate efforts, risks and opportunities of new projects involving products’ technologies.
- Facilitate and oversee creation and maintenance of products' technical documentation.
- Be a demanding supervisor of products' quality, establishing and monitoring quality guidelines for software and managed services.
As a Manager you'll also have to:
- Mentor team members.
- Hire great people to strengthen the teams.
- Collect and report data-backed facts and decide accordingly.
- Wisely balance make/buy options.
- Liaise with other managers both in IT and from other departments.
- Help define KPIs then monitor and work to improve them.
- Manage some budgets for specific teams or areas.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years track record of managing mid-size / large software teams (direct reports + teams)
- 10+ years proven experience as Software Architect, Technology Lead, Senior Software Developer or similar roles for E-commerce or Online monetized businesses.
- 5+ years of experience with some (or, better, all) of the following: e-commerce, online transactions, CRM, customer experience and engagement, conversion processes, marketing channels.
- Excellent presentation, modeling and communication skills and ability to articulate a compelling vision.
- Experience working cross-functionally on large projects with multiple engineering teams
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
Preferred methodologies, technologies and tools:
- Agile development
- Project management
- CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud computing (AWS)
- REST APIs
- React.js & React Native
- C# .Net / Core
- SQL & NoSQL databases, caches, message queues ( MySql, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDb, RabbitMq, Kafka )
- Atlassian Jira or other ticketing/task management tools
We are based in Florence, Italy. This role can be performed in a hybrid form (office/remote).
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to step into this role? Then send your application to us today!