Luisa Via Roma is a leading global luxury goods e-commerce with an online presence for over 20 years, serving upwards of 1 million users from more than 200 countries.
Our team is also international, including over 300 people from 20 different countries.
As a company, we constantly look to the future to offer our clients innovation through our services, platforms, website and app. We also aim to give back to the community and the planet by supporting charities and environmental causes. Through LVRSustainable – our section dedicated to sustainability– we offer conscious fashion and promote special collaborations with non-profits, organizations, and brands to benefit social and low impact initiatives.
We are constantly in motion and striving to obtain excellence through our core values of being a team player, showing respect to everyone, motivating those around us, being flexible and keeping an open mind to new things.
We are looking for a System Administrator / IT Operations Engineer to join our team in Florence.
You'll be a member of our System Administration Team, collaborating to ensure excellent day-to-day functioning of our systems.
Monitoring and analyzing our infrastructure and services you will ensure that our applications and systems are up-to-date, safe, scale and run smoothly, taking care of their updates and evolutions.
You'll continuously improve our IT operations supporting software developers and other IT teams.
In this role, you should have a strong grasp of Windows and Linux systems, networking
architectures and hybrid cloud stacks. If you also know best practices for IT operations and are passionate about quality and automation we’d like to meet you!
- Maintain servers, networking systems, corporate directories on Cloud and on-premises, for testing, troubleshooting and upgrades, including security-related activities
- Support software development in terms of product improvement and uptime also in terms of new solutions and deployment pipelines
- Support at higher level (2nd-3rd) the IT help desk team
- Manage and update documentation
- Identify and report systems that can benefit from automation, monitoring and performance optimizations
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, share knowledge among teams and abide by industry best practices
- Passion for working with technology
- At least 5 years professional experience as Systems Engineer / System Administrator / IT Operations Technician
- Strong experience with Windows Server and Linux systems
- Network firewall rules management (Paolo Alto experience is a plus)
- Microsoft Active Directory on-premises and on cloud (DCs, AD forests, distributed policies)
- Backup and recovery, DR Tools (Veeam, AWS tools)
- Knowledge of networking management and networking devices (mainly Cisco Catalyst/Meraki, WLC)
- Net Storage / File servers / FC SANs (Preferably Powerstore, Compellent)
- High Availability of IT infrastructure
- Management of virtualization/containerization software (e.g. VMWare, EC2, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Public Cloud infrastructures (Amazon Web Services and/or other vendors)
- Infrastructure as code and automation tools like AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, AWS Cloudwatch, Dynatrace, Newrelic
Administration of relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, AWS Aurora, IBM DB2
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in Italian language
- Work proficiency in English language
What we offer:
📃 Full-time employment with a commercial contract
🕒 Monday to Friday work week
👍 In addition to optimal work-life balance, we offer job rotation, conventions and employee discounts
What to expect next…
First and foremost, we take great care to go through each and every application we receive in order to determine if the candidate fits the profile we’re looking for. We take the time to compare and contrast all the CVs we receive in order to make a shortlist of candidates we will then invite to interview with our Recruiter.
After this initial interview, if the candidate is an initial match, a second interview with the hiring team manager and HR team will take place, followed by technical task.
The selection process will end with a final confirmation interview at our headquarters.